Architectural Institute in Prague ARCHIP
Architektonický institut v Praze
Architectural Institute ARCHIP provides training under programs of architecture and urbanism in English.
- International architectural institute ARCHIP was opened in 2011.
- Students from more than 20 countries study at the institute.
- Education is individual – every year only 30 students are admitted to the institute.
- Under the guidance of teachers, students work on specific projects.
- In teaching, the emphasis is on developing students’ presentation and teamwork skills.
The institute pays almost the entire tuition costs for 5 talented students (3 students from the Czech Republic and 2 foreign students) (the students pay only 10% of the tuition costs).
- Architecture (3 years of study)
Admission requirements: you need to provide a portfolio of 15 works in A3 format (graphics, painting, photos – the works must be related to architecture and design) and write an essay of motivation of 400-500 words in English.
- Architecture and Urbanism (2 years of study)
Master’s degree program includes courses “Architectural Design” and “Urban Design”, technical and artistic disciplines are studied in depth.
Admission requirements: you need to provide a nostrification of the corresponding bachelor’s diploma (you need to have a bachelor’s diploma under the program in architecture, design, engineering), an international certificate of proficiency in English (for example, IELTS 6.5), a portfolio of 15 works in A3 format (projects), as well as an essay describing the concept of one of the projects presented in the portfolio.
Tuition costs for bachelor’s degree and master’s degree are 90,000 CZK / 3,600 EUR per term.