Higher School of Business and Law
Vysoká škola podnikání a práva (VŠPP)
Higher School of Business and Law provides training in demanded economic programs and legal specializations.
Its graduates are not only in demand in the labor market but are also ready to engage in business. Students have many opportunities to travel on exchange to other European countries – both under the Erasmus+ program, and based on dozens of agreements with foreign universities.
- Higher School of Economics and Law has been operating for over 16 years. Graduates have good employment opportunities, many of them open their own business.
- The university has a branch in Prague and in Ostrava.
- Studies are carried out under bachelor’s and master’s degree programs.
- Many students start building their own business already during studying. To help the start-up entrepreneurs, an business incubator operates at the university.
- The connection between theory and practice is very important for the institution. The university cooperates not only with manufacturing companies but also with state administrations. The University is a partner of many initiatives and campaigns for business support. Among the teachers, there are not only academics but also practitioners.
- Famous politicians, economists, and entrepreneurs regularly visit the university with lectures. For example, Andrej Babis, First Deputy Prime Minister of the Czech Republic, and Minister of Finance gave to students a lecture “Prerequisites to a successful business”.
Within the program of study “Economics and Management”, studies in the following specialties are carried out:
- “Business and Management in Trade and Services”
- “Applied Informatics – Management ICT”
- “Applied Informatics – Information Technologies”
- “Management Economics”
Within the program of study “Specialization in Law”, studies in the following specialties are carried out:
- “Law in Business”
- “Law in state administration”
Tuition costs for a term of bachelor’s degree study
- At the branch in Prague – 30,000 CZK (in 1st year), 32,000 CZK (in 2nd year), 34,000 CZK (in 3rd year)
- At the branch in Ostrava – 18,000 CZK (in 1st year), 20,000 CZK (in 2nd year), 22,000 CZK (in 3rd year)
Standard time of study is 3 years.
Graduates of bachelor’s degree specialisations work in specialties related to business management: trade specialist, logistics specialist, accountant, financial specialist, product manager, personalist, project manager. Graduates also work in management positions of lower and middle management in large enterprises. They are also ready to start their own small or medium businesses.
Under the master’s degree, studies in two specialties are carried out:
Upon completion of studies, the graduate receives the degree of Ing.
- “Private law”
Upon completion of studies, the graduate receives the degree of Mgr.
Costs for a term of study in a master’s degree in the specialty “Business”
- At the branch in Ostrava – 23,500 CZK
- At the branch in Prague – 35,000 CZK
Costs for a term of study in a master’s degree in the specialty “Private law”
- At the branch in Prague – 35,000 CZK
The university motivates students to excel with scholarships. Students can receive a once-a-year scholarship for academic excellence. Students from out Prague or Ostrava also receive a living allowance.
Opportunities to study abroad under exchange programs
The development of international cooperation is one of the main priorities of the Higher School of Business and Law.
The university participates in the LLP/Erasmus and Erasmus+ programs.
The university has agreements with dozens of foreign universities, primarily in the European Union.
Based on agreements with foreign universities, students have the opportunity, for example, to go to the following countries under the student exchange program:
- Belgium (HAUTE ECOLE DE LA PROVINCE DE LIÉGE)
- Bulgaria (ANGEL KANCHEV UNIVERSITY OF RUSE)
- Finland (LAUREA UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCE; KEMI-TORNIO UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCE)
- Croatia (THE “BALTAZAR ADAM KRCELIC” COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT)
- Italy (UNIVERSITÀ DEGLI STUDI DI FOGGIA)
- Lithuania (VILNIUS LAW AND BUSINESS COLLEGE; KLAIPEDA STATE COLLEGE)
- Cyprus (COLLEGE OF TOURISM AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT)
- Hungary (KAROLY ROBERT COLLEGE)
- Germany (FACHHOCHSCHULE LUDWIGSHAFEN AM RHEIN)
- Poland (WYZSZA SZKOLA HANDLOWA; WYZSZA SZKOLA BIZNESU W DABROWIE GORNICZEJ;MALOPOLSKA WYZSZA SZKOLA EKONOMICZNA W TARNOWIE; UNIVERSITY OF GDANSK, PL GDANSK01)
- Portugal (IESF – INSTITUTO DEESTUDOS SUPERIORES FINANCEIROS E FISCAIS; INSTITUTO POLITECNICO DE CASTELO BRANCO; INSTITUTO POLITECNICO DE LISBOA)
- Romania (ACADEMIA DE STUDII ECONOMICE DIN BUCURESTI)
- Slovenia (VYSOKÁ ŠKOLA EKONÓMIE A MANAŽMENTU VEREJNEJ SPRÁVY V BRATISLAVE)
- Spain (UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA SAN ANTONIO DE MURCIA; UNIVERSITY OF HUELVA)
- Turkey (ESKISEHIR OSMANGAZI UNIVERSITY)