VSEM: University of Economics and Management
The University of Economics and Management, or VSEM, is a private university in Prague providing top-quality education in several areas, including Finance, Marketing, Advertising, Economics, International Relations, Psychology and Public Administration.
The study programs at VSEM are nationally (Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports) and internationally accredited (ACBSP). Thanks to international collaboration, students have the chance to study at over 40 partner institutions around the world.
- VSEM provides over 100 study disciplines and places a strong emphasis on personalization in the educational process and examination.
- VSEM offers full-time and part-time Czech and English degree programs.
- For foreigners, the University of Economics and Management offers a Czech Language Course.
- The study advisers will assist the applicant in selecting the most appropriate study program and study area that best meets their views and goals, as well as the tuition price level.
- There are four tuition pricing levels (KLASIK, STANDARD, PREMIUM, and EXCLUSIVE) that differ in services provided. The university also has different offers and discounts in terms of tuition.
- VSEM graduates have a high rate of professional employability (almost 90%).
- The University of Economics and Management offers a unique program to support its students and recent graduates’ business endeavours. StartUp VSEM is a space for meetings and innovations that will support the project, including financial contributions.
The school year in VSEM is divided into 3 trimesters. It is possible to apply and study from October, January and April.
The university has a straightforward admittance process, that consists of 2 parts:
- Sending the application online
- Filling out the questionnaire needed to assess the applicant’s motivation and approach to work.
- Personal consultation with a study advisor to provide as much information as possible about studying at VŠEM, answer your questions and help you set up a tailor-made study (the consultation is obligatory for foreign students and scholarship applicants).
Documents needed for application:
- proof of the highest level of education (graduation certificate/diploma)
- signed contract
- essay (scholarship applicants only)
Scholarship and tuition fees
For programs taught in English, the tuition fee is EUR 5 000 / year for EU citizens and EUR 6 000 / year for non-EU citizens. For programs taught in Czech tuition fees vary from EUR 2500 / year (Bc., Ing. and DBA) to EUR 2900 / year (MBA).
VSEM offers scholarships up to 100% of the annual tuition fee for the specified categories of people: athletes, disabled, war veterans, employees of non-profit and health organisations, single mothers. Scholarships can also be awarded for the applicant’s development, social or research activities or the study achievements of the applicant/student.
Bachelor’s degree in VSEM (Bc, BBA)
- Business Economics
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Advertising
The Czech language is used to carry out the three-year bachelor’s degree program with these specialisations (full-time, part-time and distance form of study).
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) is a separate degree with the possibility to study in English and accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (USA).
Master’s degree in VSEM (Ing., MSc.)
The two-year master’s degree program Corporate Management is taught in both Czech and English, with field specialisations and full-time, part-time and distance forms of study.
- Human Resources
- Marketing and Advertising
- Trade Management and Logistics
- International Management
Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a separate degree. Taught in Czech or English, it offers knowledge of current managerial perspectives and approaches to the modern concept of project management, human resources, marketing strategies and the organisational unit as a whole. The length of the study is one year, the program is accredited by ACBSP.
Graduates of bachelor’s (Bc./BBA) and follow-up (Ing./MSc.) degrees are awarded MBA professional degrees.
Doctoral degree in VSEM
Full-time and part-time study options are available for the three-year PhD degree program with field specialisations. The program is taught in English and is accredited by ACBSP (it is not accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports).
- Economic and Social Innovations
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Marketing, International Economics
- Project Management
- Prognostics and Planning
- Social Pedagogy/Social Pathology
- Statistic Analysis
- Sustainable Business
Leave a commentYour comment